The American Fire Sprinkler Association, (AFSA) is a non-profit, trade association representing merit shop fire sprinkler contractors, dedicated to the educational advancement of its members and promotion of the use of automatic fire sprinkler systems.
AFSA’s national office in Dallas, Texas works closely with each of its 25 Chapters and 4 State Affiliates throughout the United States and Canada to augment local, grassroots activities with training, consulting, communication, representation and many more services, all of which have expanded over its existence.
The Chapter Executive Director works part-time to coordinate activities, increase and maintain membership and to work with the elected board of each chapter as well as the AFSA National office to promote the merit shop fire sprinkler industry.
The paid position requires 8-12 hours per week with the potential of 16-20 hours for major event work. The chapter’s primary base of operations is Eastern Pennsylvania. Qualified candidates must be able to organize and attend events there and in the surrounding area as well as in parts of Delaware. The Executive Director will work independently from a home office or from a space at another company.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of chapter management to include lunch meetings, annual fundraiser and other events as determined by chapter leadership. Strong attention to detail, sponsorship generation, and membership development is greatly desired.
Occasional travel within region and to AFSA national events is expected. This position reports to the Chair and Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
· Communicate weekly with Chair on Board issues
· Communicate with Executive Committee and Board on regular basis
· Plan Board Meetings and related events
· Develop Board agenda with Chair
· Prepare Board packet material for monthly Board Meetings
· Coordinate strategic planning with Board
· Email regular Board updates
· Coordinate monthly meeting with Chair and Board
· Liaison between Board and AFSA National Staff
· Set annual schedule of monthly meetings
· Schedule speakers for monthly or quarterly meetings
· Coordinate monthly/quarterly meeting including room and meals
· Promote monthly meeting with newsletter/flyer
· Set up Budget Committee meeting annually to revise budget
· Review monthly financials with accountant and/or board
· Provide monthly financials to Executive Committee
· Coordinate annual audit with accountant
· Approve all check requests
· Co-sign or prepare all checks for Chair or another designated signer
· Coordinate training and education with Board
· Coordinate non-dues revenue events with Board
· Set annual schedule of training and events
· Set budget for training and events
· Promote events with newsletter, flyer, etc.
· Strategize for local chapter’s growth and development
· Develop methods for promoting chapter’s work through national industry trade media
· Develop methods for promoting chapter’s work in local/regional media
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media, and Web Applications is preferred
- Meeting and event planning experience a plus but not required
- Familiarity with all legal aspects of management to include IRS filings, financial reporting, and sales and use tax transactions a plus but not required
- Sprinkler industry or other construction trade experience a plus but not required